Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Miracle on the Hudson

Just last week a true miracle happened on the Hudson River in New York when birds took out both engines to an US Airways plane transporting over 150 people. The pilot made an emergency landing on the water and the plane FLOATED until ALL passengers were off the plane and boarded on the several well organized ferries and boats that had surrounded the aircraft. The pilot is a Hero...I'm sure, but what of the true miracle. They DO happen everyday! I cannot count the times that I have heard the safety rules for each plane from the flight attendant. I also cannot tell you the amount of times I wondered if a plane ever landed on the water if the passengers could get out those tiny windows or down the exit isles to safety in time. At least for one time...they did! What a miracle from God! Yes, they happen every day and I, for one, am grateful!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

that was an amazing miracle!

Will said...

someone kill those birds!!!