Saturday, June 25, 2011

Sad News about the little kittens

I usually like to post fun and interesting things that are happening in our family...or things that I feel will have a good outcome or at least be a good learning experience. This is really none of those things and now I wish I hadn't posted about our cat adventures. I really expected that at least one or two of the rescued kittens would survive. All of them ended up with extreme neurological problems... as it ended up..they couldn't move, were in pain, and had to be put to sleep. What we have learned is that the mother and father cats and all 4 kittens were either poisoned OR had rabies. If it is the latter ...we will all have to be treated. The results will be back the end of next week. I do know that we have had a pretty severe squirrel problem in this area and possibly someone decided to take this matter into their own hands and cut down on the population by poisoning them. I am hopeful that they wouldn't intentionally try to harm other animals and hopefully they were not aware of the potential consequences to the entire neighborhood. I do know that these sweet little kittens touched all of our lives and had adorable personalities that made us laugh and smile. A lot of effort was put into their survival and we will sure miss them and I doubt we'll ever forget them even though they were only part of our lives for such a short time.

1 comment:

Erin Cummings said...

Holy Cow! I will stay tuned to hear the outcome, and if you need anything, please let Chelon and me know! So sorry to hear about the kittens. Sad. Good heavens! Also, thanks for your sweet phone message you left me the other day, you are so kind!