Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Valerie's Birthday

Valerie was able to celebrate her 29th birthday in Texas. Who would have thought that would ever happen! We were able to have a special dinner at our house the day before her birthday with all her favorites. Homemade chicken tenders, mashed potatoes and cream gravy, brocoli and cheese sauce, stuff (which is the jello salads), and Grandma Sharp's favorite angel food cake with orange frosting (also Val's favorite). There were other foods too but I can't remember them all. the important thing is that they were all made from scratch and they were her favorites and that we were able to share this special time with our whole family as Tammy, Will, and Madison were here too. I remember that day as one that I wanted to take the whole thing in. To me, it was so special for EVERYONE to be here for this special time. Monday, September 1st, the day we celebrated, was Labor Day. I can remember very well that Valerie was born on Labor Day, but it was on a Sunday, 29 years ago. On September 3rd, Christopher and Valerie went out on a date for their own extention of Valerie's birthday celebration. I got to babysit the grandkids. I was so grateful for this time as well. I have loved being a mom and a nana so much. I love these special memories.

No comments: